Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"I like moonlit walks on the beach."

By Tim

Voice of Restraint:
I walk on the side of the ocean.  The beach is nice.  The moon is bright, and I talk to it.  I feel like a character in a romance movie.   It is a good thing everyone else is asleep.

Voice of Abundance:
I tread, heavy footed, on the beach alongside the rolling green-blue waves of the warm ocean.  The beach is sandy and clean; it acts as a display case for the most beautiful collection of shells—they are pink, blue, black, snow white, shiny, patterned, dull, and all of them lovely.  The moon has been raised high into the sky and is almost a full circle, but not quite:  it sheds light upon the beach well enough for me to navigate my way without stumbling.  As I walk, I speak to the moon:  I tell it of my ambitions and my dreams, I speak to it like I'm a soppy character in a romance movie, I laugh, thinking "I like moonlit walks on the beach."  As I walk, I am glad that the moon doesn't shed enough light for anybody to see, should they wake up at this hour and look out their window to the dark sea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment